Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Aud Bod


That kid is getting so big! And wily. Char told me how she was resting up out in the living room, and Audrey was in the kitchen, and it got quiet for a while so she went to investigate, and found that the meinkey had pushed her little plastic table over to the counter, climbed up, reached up to the top shelf of the cupboard (I don't know how she did that and I don't want to know), got the sugar sprinkles, climbed down, moved the table away and put a chair there, laid out a couple of lines of sugar, and was about to go for it when Char busted her. Can you imagine?

She's into expanding her range and the table and chair do very nicely because they're lightweight and she can even stack them up, for added danger. She was wanting to sit on the stove when we were cooking the other night, but that got too dangerous too fast, and she was pretty pissed when we made her get down. She threw a fit, but then Char put on Shrek 2 in French, and she was absorbed.

Here is an article in The Stranger about Patrick Wolf, who we saw Saturday night:
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=413556
A fun time was had by all.

I left Seattle at the buttcrack of 630. It wasn't even light out. But Eric had just dropped Audrey off so I got to see her for a few minutes. And there is a surprising amount of traffic on I-5 at that ungodly hour, but there wasn't a lineup at the border. The bordervogon hadn't had his coffee yet so he just glanced at my passport without looking at my expired visa and waved me through. I was even able to get the 9:00 ferry, so I got to work at a more reasonable time.

No comments: